At Bordon Infant School, we believe that each pupil has individual and unique needs. However, some pupils may require more support than others. We acknowledge that a significant proportion of pupils will have special educational needs (SEN) at some point in their school career. If these pupils are to achieve their full potential, we must recognise this and plan accordingly.
Bordon Infant School aims to provide all pupils with strategies for dealing with their needs in a supportive environment and to give them meaningful access to the National Curriculum and Early Years Curriculum where appropriate.
In particular, we aim to:
• enable every pupil to experience success
• promote individual confidence and a positive attitude
• ensure that all pupils, whatever their special educational needs, receive appropriate educational provision through a broad and balanced curriculum
that is relevant and differentiated
• give pupils with SEND equal opportunities to take part in all aspects of the school’s provision, as far as is appropriate
• ensure that children with SEND have opportunities to express an opinion and have that opinion taken into account in matters affecting them
• identify, assess, record and regularly review pupils’ progress and needs
• involve parents/carers in supporting their child’s development
• work collaboratively with parents/carers, other professionals and support services
• ensure that the responsibility held by all staff and governors for SEND is implemented.
Please see the Policy page for our SEND policy.
Please click here to see the Hampshire Local Offer.